Litigation Job in Bridgeport, Connecticut : CT
Looking for Litigation Jobs? See currently available Litigation job openings on litigation.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
litigation.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any litigation job . We provide job resources for Litigation positions throughout the industry. litigation.jobs.net also provides Litigation jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Litigation by either city or state.
litigation.jobs.net is a litigation job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Litigation jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your litigation job search on litigation.jobs.net today.
Direct Hire Litigation Paralegal
Direct Hire Litigation Paralegal Job Description
Great opportunity for an experienced litigation paralegal to join a law firm located in Bridgeport on a direct hire basis to assist attorneys specializing in personal injury litigation. The paralegal is responsible for handling cases during all phases of the litigation process. The paralegal provides support for the firm’s clients and attorneys and are always client facing. They are responsible for the management of approximately 75-100 claims and litigation files, held accountable to the Attorney/s for whom they work and attached to and guided by global goals set by the firm. Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Review documents obtained at intake for any missing or incomplete information
- Contact client for introductions and to welcome them to the firm
- Obtain missing/necessary information including but not limited to:
- Insurance policy limit (declarations page and certified copy of Insurance policy)
- Letters of Representation to all defendant operators/owners if different enclosing Affidavit of No insurance
- Request to medical providers for medical records and bills
- Request Wage Loss information
- Initial Police report and any addendums to the police report if applicable
- Statements (written/recorded) by our client, witnesses
- Photographs of vehicle or injury locations and any other investigative information that may be applicable on a case by case basis
- Contact carrier to report claims and to advise of representation
- On a monthly basis contact client with status of their claim. Obtain mandatory treatment status and update monthly for all clients.
- Inform Attorney immediately upon notice of treatment termination.
- Draft simple complaints, pleadings, correspondence related to case files, pre-trial and trial management memos for attorney review and signatures
- Finalize complaint and contact Marshal for Service
- E-File complaint to court along with all pleading/documents as instructed by attorney
- Forward draft D&P to client upon filing of suit
- Finalize Discovery Responses for attorney/client review and signature
- Enter and track all pleadings and discovery in case management system
- Calendar and log all deposition, court and short calendar notices for both staff and primary attorney. Notify client with updated calendaring information regarding the requirements of their participation at these notices
- In the event a case is scheduled for trial, discuss trial prep with attorney and the steps necessary to prepare
- Correspond by telephone, email, fax and mail with opposing council, adjusters, court clerks and any other interested parties as they pertain to our claim
- Ensure attorney enters settlement value, min-max-actual and date/how resolved in case management system
- Confirm all value tab entries in case management system including medical bills, healthcare, Medicare or Medicaid liens, etc. for accuracy
- Enter settlement to weekly statistic sheet
- Prepare Estimated Settlement Statement, release and trustee agreement for client approval and signature
- Contact client to schedule appointment to approve estimated statement and sign release
- Update the checklist for settlement markings
- Prepare all closing documents including (lien holders/medical provider payoff letters, final settlement statement for client review and signature
- Disburse funds and request feedback on service
- Send message to appropriate staff when all funds are dispersed and files ready to close
- Various administrative support responsibilities.
- The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience as a paralegal handling personal injury litigation cases
- Must be experienced in all aspects of the litigation process including, but not limited to drafting correspondence, complaints, summons, e-filing, short calendar markings, pleadings/discovery and the entire trial process
- The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of federal and CT state court practice
- Experience with e-discovery software is required.
- Advanced knowledge of software applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel, Internet, and other web-based applications
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Basic researching, proofreading, and formatting skills
- Analytical skills, strong attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, advanced written and oral communication and effective customer service skills
If you would like to learn more about the Personal Litigation Paralegal position that Kelly Legal Managed Services has available in Bridgeport, then please submit your resume, in Word format, by clicking the Apply Now button.
The Managed Solutions practice within Kelly Outsourcing and Consulting Group (KellyOCG®) is one focus within the full array of Kelly Services® workforce solutions.
Kelly Services has transformed from the staffing industry pioneer to a leading workforce solutions provider. KellyOCG is the distinguished outsourcing and consulting segment of Kelly Services, known for applying a forward-looking approach that enables companies to make strategic workforce planning decisions that impact their business and competitive advantage.
The Managed Solutions practice area of KellyOCG is dedicated to partnering with clients to architect and implement solutions that put them in a position to meet their operational obligation to their organization and freedom to focus on their more strategic business needs.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Bridgeport Litigation Job