Litigation Job in Lehi, Utah : UT
Looking for Litigation Jobs? See currently available Litigation job openings on litigation.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
litigation.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any litigation job . We provide job resources for Litigation positions throughout the industry. litigation.jobs.net also provides Litigation jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Litigation by either city or state.
litigation.jobs.net is a litigation job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Litigation jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your litigation job search on litigation.jobs.net today.
Associate General Counsel
Associate General Counsel Job Description
Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere — and for yourself — we may have the right place for you.
Summary of This Role
Provides legal advice and recommendations for action to executives, management, and contracts team regarding matters of varying complexity which have or may have a material dollar impact on business activities and operations. Utilizes a knowledge of one or more legal specialties with sound business acumen and knowledge of the business goals and objectives as they relate to the matter at hand. Research legal principles and precedents, consult with outside counsel, draft and execute legal documents, negotiates complex agreements, gather relevant case related information using multiple sources and methods, manages litigation, provide direction to external counsel, other professional, paraprofessional, and support staff in developing solutions to problems presented.
What Part Will You Play?
- Works independently and exercises wide latitude while providing guidance in diverse matters affecting day-to-day business operations by assisting, advising, investigating, researching, and resolving legal matters within corporate legal policies to ensure that Company personnel are aware of and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Researches and is aware of related issues and changes in the law, and anticipates the potential impact of changes on the organization. Provides counsel to senior leadership, including executive management, regarding risks and possible risk mitigation plans.
- Leads the legal aspect of contract negotiations. Drafts and negotiates highly complex and unique agreements, reviews legal documents, and provides recommendations. Supervises the work of outside counsel.
- Uses high level of deep and broad experience to oversee the work on assignments that require a deep understanding of the company's business needs, strategy, and operations as they relate to the given area of legal specialty. Oversees and leads legal negotiation with customers and third parties.
- Oversees and leads the preparation, recommendation, and execution of legal documents by analyzing, drafting, negotiating, and reviewing these documents to ensure consistency with respect to the company’s philosophy or principles with respect to risk and commercial and legal soundness.
- Leads investigations and oversees the handling of claims by and against organization, and may include supervising outside counsel on third party claims and litigation. Conducts interviews, prepares reports, responds to interrogatories, and conducts litigation and pretrial work.
- Has decision-making authority on legal, liability, risk, insurance, and legal compliance issues.
- Oversees the review and response to insurance coverage requirements requested contractually by customers and third parties.
- Oversees the planning, directing and legal management of company intellectual property matters, including, without limitations, patent matters (including applications, disputes and infringement analysis), domestic and foreign trademark matters (including registrations and maintenance), and trade secret and nondisclosure issues. Prepares reports for and advises executive management as to the company's position on intellectual property issues. Supervises the use of external legal counsel regarding intellectual property matters.
- Shares knowledge in areas of special interest to the company, including, intellectual property, software licensing issues, international and domestic contract law, privacy, data protection, financial services, insurance issues, general corporate matters, servicing, vendor procurement, and other issues affecting outsourcing of financial and payment related services.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
Licensed attorney with experience in drafting and negotiating complex agreements, preferably in the area of merchant processing or other financial services.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Graduate of accredited law school (including all other necessary prerequisites for gaining licensure to practice law), and maintaining qualifications and licensure throughout employment
- Typically Minimum 6 Years Relevant Exp
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve moderately complex issues in creative and effective ways. Having ownership of a sub-function, account or matrix management responsibilities, applies knowledge to meet goals, maintain relationships, propose opportunities to expand the business, and lead matrix teams. Some barriers to entry exist at this level (e.g., dept./peer review).
- Job Complexity - Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise. Builds on/Maintains external relationships of assigned accounts.
- Supervision - Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (Team Lead).
- Emotional Intelligence - Possesses a set of competencies demonstrating the ability one has to recognize his or her behaviors, moods, and impulses, and to manage them best according to the situation. Typically, "emotional intelligence" is considered to involve emotional empathy; attention to, and discrimination of one's emotions; accurate recognition of one's own and others' moods; mood management or control over emotions; response with appropriate (adaptive) emotions and behaviors in various life situations (especially to stress and difficult situations); and balancing of honest expression of emotions against courtesy, consideration, and respect (i.e., possession of good social skills and communication skills). Selection of work that is emotionally
- Personal Competence (Emotional Intelligence) - Having self-awareness; Knowing one’s internal states, preferences, resources, and intuitions. Being able to manage ones’ internal states, impulses and resources.
—Recognizes one’s emotions and their effects on themselves and others.
—Knows one’s strengths and limitations.
—Possesses a strong sense of self worth, self-esteem and capabilities.
—Emotional self-control such that disruptive emotions and impulses are kept in check.
—Maintaining integrity; acting congruently with one’s values.
—Adaptability; flexibility in handling change..
—Having an achievement orientation; striving to improve and meet a standard of excellence.
—Taking initiative; a readiness to act on opportunities
—Being optimistic and persistent; the ability to pursue goals despite obstacles and setbacks.
- Social Competence (Emotional Intelligence) - Being able to productively handle relationships, both internal and external to the company. Having strong social awareness, i.e., being aware of others feeling, needs and concerns. Having strong relationship management skills; an adeptness at inducing desirable responses in others.
—Sensing others’ feelings and perspectives, and taking an active interest in their concerns; ability to have empathy.
—Having organizational awareness such that one can read emotional currents, drivers and relationships..
—Having a strong service orientation that includes anticipating, recognizing and meeting others’ needs.
—Sensing and noting others’ development needs, their strengths and weaknesses; and bolstering their abilities.
—Being able to influence, persuade, influence and guide.
—Appropriately manage conflict; negotiate and resolve disagreements.
—Work with others toward shared goals..
—Be a catalyst for change, and work to create group synergy.
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.
Lehi Litigation Job